Here at Mae Woven, we love a good treat. I mean, who doesn't?! Today we are getting in the kitchen and sharing one of our favorite recipes that is sure to tickle your taste buds – with a special appearance from our gorgeous Turkish hand towels. If you are an orange lover like us, this one's for YOU!
1 cup all purpose flour
½ cup milk
½ cup water
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and eggs and whisk until well blended. Slowly stir in the milk and water. Add in the melted butter and salt, then beat until smooth. If the batter appears too runny, add more flour. If it appears too thick, add more water/milk.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour, using a ⅓ measuring cup, onto the warm pan. Tilt the pan in a circular motion to ensure the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook for about 1 minute (or until the sides start to lift off of the pan). Loosen around the edges with a spatula, then turn and cook the other side. Start stacking each complete crepe on top of another.
*To get the same outcome as photo shows, quadruple this recipe!
Orange Icing Recipe:
1 ¾ cups powdered sugar
¼ cup orange juice (squeeze from orange)
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 teaspoon butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. Whisk until lumps have vanished.
- Add the melted butter and whisk together until smooth. If the icing is too thick, microwave for 30 seconds.
- Let mixture sit (if microwaved) for a couple minutes, then pour over crepe stack.
- Add powdered sugar and orange & lemon slices for extra touch.
ENJOY! Our Turkish kitchen towels make the cleanup process easy. We swear by them! They are made with high-quality cotton which makes them soft and highly absorbent. Perfect for any messes made in the kitchen.
Not only do our Turkish towels know how to clean up, but they also make the perfect kitchen accessory. Hang them up on your towel rack or lay them under your hot dish full of delicious Orange Crepes.
Be sure to tag us in photos so we can see your dreamy Orange Crepe Stack! #maewovenmunchies